Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Triumph in the Face of Adversity

We did it.

We pulled it off.

I can't believe it. I am so happy, I wanted to cry. After everything was almost down and out, we pulled through and gave the performance of our lives. The press reviews are in, and they are glowing...you can read for yourself.

Maheen Sabeeh at The News http://thenews.com.pk/instep_today.asp

Jaffer Ali Sharrif at The DailyTimes http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2007\04\30\story_30-4-2007_pg12_7 (Who once again get it wrong when they refer to us as Aunty Disco Party!!!)

Extiinct at Karachi Metblogs http://karachi.metblogs.com/archives/2007/04/adp_mauj.phtml

Plus we were able to shoot the video for "Ho Bhi Jahaan". All in one day.

Since I am currently hibernating, I can't write in much detail. But I just have one thing to say.

My band is the best band in the world, no matter what happens. I love the guys to bits and am ecstatic and the success we are now sharing.

And for everyone else, thank you so much for your love and support for when I was sick. ADP Loves you.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Ahsan said...

uh, actually pearl jam is the best band in the world, followed closely by radiohead. im not sure ADP is in even in the top 1000 to be honest.

congrats on pulling through though.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Omar said...

Thank you Ahsan. by best band in the world, I meant that I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of guys to help me through this. I know we may not even be in the top 1000. Waisey we might....

This proves that you are in fact a huge penis.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Extiinct said...

Good Lord! Aunty Disco Party?!?! Excuse me while I go laugh my head off. The DT dude seems to have some seriously messed up uhh... images in his head.

Anyway, you guys were great.

2:53 PM  
Blogger vintage said...

@extiinct: and Omran became "Omar", sikandar Mufti became "Luft" or something...

... DT is known for screwing up facts a lot.

but the performance was good. i'm really happy for you guys! :)

now wait till next sunday when my review comes out :)

3:37 PM  
Blogger Ahsan said...

well, if you meant that you couldn't have asked for a better bunch of guys you should have said "i couldn't have asked for a better bunch of guys". saying "my band is the best band in the world" leads people to believe, for some strange inexplicable reason, that you think your band is the best band in the world.

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It actually is ahsan...you have to admit it now.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous GQ said...

Salam,

I came to know about your band through the gig review in Dawn Newspaper. Would love to hear some of your original stuff. Do you have a website where I can download your songs? If so, I would also love to hyperlink your site to Pakipop.com. Thanks and best of luck!

peAce,
GQ

Pakipop.com

9:03 PM  
Blogger Niah said...

dude u dissappeared after this post?!?1.. where art thou?

5:55 PM  
Blogger Meher said...

Actually Radiohead is the best band in the world. Living that is.

OBA!! You are famous. I'm a groupie. When's the next tour? I'm coming home!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Uzair said...

I heard your song 'Sultanat' which was i think very very good for a first song, and yes you do have a little zeppelin touch which is amazing cuz weve waited long for a band like this to come along in pakistan. you guys have loads of talent, hope the sound gets heavier as time goes on.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home