Saturday, December 01, 2007

My own flesh and blood...

Last night, the boys came over for a bit of practice so I took my guitar out of its case. I hadn't played it since the IBA gig, and I was a bit alarmed, but mostly exceedingly proud because I discovered little bits of dried blood smudges all across the strings....

Mama I'm finally a rockstar!

You see, ever since our K-Fest gig in July (with Mauj and Mizraab) I have taken to performing windmills on my guitar at the end of Sultanat. I picked it up from my idol Pete Townsend from The Who. It's just a spur-of-the-moment-rush-of-blood-thing and it feels incredibly exhilirating. It is however incredibly dangerous because with the arenalin rush, you barely realize you are crashing your fingers into six steel wires at high speed. As a result I usually have heavily bruised and bloodied hands, but I always wear it as a mark of a great show. Thats rock and roll right?
So this just goes to show how awesome the last IBA show was. I am proudly displaying my battle wounds. Check the pictures for posterity before I clean the guitar of little bits of flesh and blood....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ayesha said...

Omar, ewwwww :/. But whatever floats your boat, yo :P. I'm happy for you and stuff.

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Phoenix, Arizona, USA. I ran into your blog searching for that exact photo of Pete Townsend with his hand bleeding. It can't be easy keeping a band going in Pakistan! Best wishes and I hope you do well.

-Kirk Hawley

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home