Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The retarded ADP boys.

This post was supposed to be about how awesome the IBA gig went and how happy it made me to finally see our true, hardcore fans. I'll get to that in a minute. See I feel it is important for most people to realize that no matter how awesome we might be on stage, we are usually a bunch of fools before and after.
Now as you guys know, I was sick before the show. I'm usually the one responsible for arranging the bulk of the equipment moving/transport. But this time, I was pissed off beyond words, i just could not fit all the stuff in my car, we were getting late, our manager was busy, I was supposed to pick both Yasir and Imran and OK wasn't back from work. All the rage kept building and building and just at the boiling point, who should call but poor little Yasir who meekly inquired "Where are you".
Below is my response. Minors please stop reading at this point.

(Warning: Major profanity follows.)

"Where am I? I'll tell you where the fuck i am. I am fucking loading the mother fucking drums in the motherfucking car. Do you know what that is like?I bet you do. Probably because you like squeezing big things in small places. I am going to pick you up when i fucking pick you up? I have been throwing up all day Yasir. My parents fucking think I'm pregnant. Fucking pregnant yasir. WITH CHILD BHENCHOD. Do you have anything else to say? Fucking say it. Alright? Alright. Eat Shit. Goodbye."

I suppose everyone sometimes has a moment where they just step back and think, "Was that really me who was just talking?" Now the reason I am telling you all about my horrible outburst is to let it serve as a lesson. If, as a leader of a group, you lose your temper just before gametime, you will make everyone else crazy and think illogically.

Yasir promptly panicked. He called up OK and told him that I was sick as a dog and I needed help. He also called up Lodhi and told him to get to my house by any means necessary and help me. By this time I had calmed down and was ridden with guilt, so I called up Yasir and apologized like I was on Oprah.

Yasir assumed that Lodhi would get to my place using some sort of public transpot since we knew his family needed the car. But Lodhi must have thought I was having a cardiac or something because he jumped into his car and rushed over. So then after the boys helped me, we were ready to leave together when this conversation takes place,
Lodhi: "Er...actually I have to go back home and drop my car, can one of you follow me".
Me: "What? why did you bring it then? We may as well have picked you..."
Lodhi: "Er...i dunno, Yasir said you were in trouble"
Me: "Oh...fuck."
OK: "Oh...fuck."
Lodhi: "Oh...fuck"
By now, we were already an hour late. The situation was also now too comical for me to get any madder. OK, always one to see an opportunity for a prank, went to pick up Yasir and convinced him that he had completely screwed up the situation and was about to be kicked out of the band. Yasir began crafting a tearful apology/resignation letter while I went to get Lodhi.

Eventually we got to campus, sorted things out and had a big laugh. The show itself was great, there was a big, very enthusiastic crowd who were banging there heads against the stage, singing along with the words and really interacting with us. We played to the point of bleeding and exhaustion, but its always a good feeling when you give that much to an audience. IBA rocks. We love you guys.

We are all set to do a big show in Karachi on Dec. 14th, will post the details later. In the meantime, here is a picture of us at the gig. (Courtesy Ayesha Ahmed). please note how OK has strategically placed the disco ball....



6 Comments:

Blogger Khizzy said...

LOL.the last line made me automatically check the picture.
obnoxious man.
:)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Atta Khan said...

"Fucking pregnant yasir" LMFAO!!!!
hey remeber the 4 or 5 guys in the front of the row at IBA screaming their asses off, one of them was my brother :P!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Yasir said...

ahh...so that was your brother.
omar..what;ve you done man..lol

12:31 PM  
Blogger Atta Khan said...

is this yasir the same yasir darbuka boy who lies to his friends about girls who kiss him after concerts for no bloody reason????:P
if so dude, u do one heck of a job with ure darbuka!!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Yasir said...

what the .... ?

5:10 PM  
Blogger Opinionated Jaahil said...

amusing:|

extremely amusing. poor yassir=\

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home