Monday, January 07, 2008

I'm ready for my close-up

It’s taken me awhile to get back to posting because I was extremely upset by the events in the city. I had written an entire blog entry about how my car got attacked by hooligans with sticks. Thank God I managed to escape relatively unhurt.

When I went back and read the blog, I decided not to post it because it was too depressing and there were already so many blogs out there dealing with the subject (Check out Khizzy and Jammie.)

So here I am, back to my semi-cheery and angsty self. On the ADP front, things have been going well. The album launch kind of got buried in the middle of all the stuff that was happening and we weren’t able to follow up with some good promotion. But we did get interviewed for a feature in Dawn Images, that comes out next week. The fun bit about that was we got to do our first real photoshoot with a pro photographer, who happened to be my good friend Amean J.

Amean and me first worked together when he asked me to perform my song “Nazar” in a play he was doing. (You can read about that here). I love his work as a photographer and was excited to be working with him.

Since we had timing issues, Yasir and I went one day, with Lodhi and OK going the next. I was so conscious throughout the shoot. Every face I was making was confused. Complete schizophrenia occurred. These were my exact thoughts.

...This image is going to be in the papers so try to look hot and sexy. Do the whole smouldering rock star thing. Oh now I just look like an ass. Stop trying to look like a Bollywood hero. Be goofy. The bands name is The Aunty Disco Project for god’s sake. Oh but then they won’t take me seriously. Be brooding. Look like an angsty musician. Amean is telling me to relax my eyes. I must be squinting. I look Chinese. That was a pretty racist thing to think. Am I a racist? No I love Chinese food. Damn I’m hungry. Yasir is telling me I look good on camera. That’s sweet of him. Now I feel guilty for telling everyone he likes men...

So now you know what I was thinking, when you see the pictures.

6 Comments:

Blogger vintage said...

omar! :) awww... i'll be seeing them tonight ;)

3:26 PM  
Anonymous laila said...

IOh...I guess that kind of destroys my stereotypic image of all men being narcissistic ego-maniacs...Well at least now I'll have something to print out and fill those two empty spaces on my cupboard door...?And if you really love me (which you don't, but it makes you look good when you pretend you do, so you will, hopefully) you'll start printing posters...(PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!)

8:50 PM  
Anonymous laila said...

Juust as an after thought, why are you so mean to Yasir? What did he ever do to you? I mean we've already established that he's that he's making himself more prone to heart disease,why punish him more? I bet he has many interesting stories about you being a loser. And stalking that girl who dissed you when you were 15...I bet you stalked her. I bet you were a creepy little stalker.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Yasir said...

ya khuda!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://dawn.com.pk/weekly/images/images2.htm

a bunch of good words about you :)

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and here .
http://dawn.com.pk/weekly/images/images9.htm

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home