Thursday, April 26, 2007

Anatomy of a Concert

Why am I posting after a month?

Tension
Stress
Illness
Absolutely no time.

And why would that be?

Because we are performing in our biggest and most widely covered concert yet.

With

MAUJ

That's right, we get to open for one of our favourite bands on Sunday 29th of April, 2007 at the PACC Auditorium. Show starts at 8:00 pm. Email me for tickets.

So why the tension then?

Well, the smaller reason (or as it seems now...) the sheer stress of trying to get sponsors for the event so we could make some money off the show. You see, being a poor band with no record deal yet, we have to make a video or two on our own before any of these companies will pick us up. Yep this is how Pakistan works. So we need cash.

Most companies however are more willing to spend money of Ali Zafar dancing on a train or Shaan wearing an Indigo condom to give an awesome concert any sort of money.

Eventually we just managed to cover our costs, thanks to last minute saviours, Citibank and City FM 89. For the record, we love the two Citi's.

Our video for Sultanat never got shot. After wasting a month on it, the budget eventually became too much and it never made it.

As a result we are shooting our second video (Ho Bhi Jahaan) first. It gets worse.
We are shooting half the video at the Basement Cafe on Saturday night. Then we are shooting the next half of the video on the PACC stage from 8am to 5pm. Then we are performing a concert at 8:00 pm.

Doesn't that sound retarded?

probably...

How did we get ourselves into this mess?

mostly because we were trying to cut costs

Dude what the fuck?

Dude don't even start, my band and I have gone back and forth and fought and screamed so much this last week, its a miracle we're even together. In fact, its brought us closer.

So then what are you complaining about?

On Tuesday, I developed an extremely high fever coming back from work. I've been diagnosed with some sort of flu virus. This means I am to stop handling everything and stay in bed for 5 days. This means I couldn't deal with any of the sponsors myself, and I couldn't practice with the band. in fact there is a slight chance that I might not even be fit for the concert. Given that I had a fever of a 102-104 and I had to make a trip to the hospital last night, I am scared as hell.

But the show must go on right?

I think I could make it for the show. But we haven't practiced at all, so we might end up being complete shit. I can't bear to have somebody right a bad review about us after all this pain.
But it's the video I'm worried about. 15 hours of shooting with a flu virus? It is going to take a superhuman effort.

Headaches
Backaches
Shivering
Delirium
Coughing
Pain
Weakness

So now what?

Everyone please pray. Inshallah, we still have tommorow. And I am still recovering. Maybe we can still pull this off. As I go into another drug induced sleep, I hope tommorow I can crank something out of this body.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger billu said...

i got tense just reading this...

good luck dawg.

2:36 AM  
Blogger ajjus said...

eeee
and I thought I was the only poor team/organization on earth,
I feel for you guys ;) Hope you get the money, and attention you deserve (positive natrually)
You will do good (or all my friends will kill me, so please be yourself!)
have a better day.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous muhammed ansari said...

i heard tht the concert was a sucess well done unfortunately i wasnt able to attend is there any place i can catch ur songs online
and hope u r fealin better

9:46 AM  
Blogger vintage said...

well, we -the madeeha gang- is here to support you. if you cant sing, we'll uh... make the world thing you did :P

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home