Friday, December 14, 2007

8 hours to launch

I feel the worst I could possibly feel.

Lodhi and me are both down with a severe chest infection. I'd been fighting it off these last couple of days with cough medicine and anti-allergy pills but nothing is working. The stress is making it worse.

This morning I woke up feeling like someone took a hammer to the back of my throat and I am gasping for air. I hate Karachi. I hate this weather and I hate how I get sick before every show.

Tensions within the band are running high, i'm obviously feeling angry because I've been running around like a madman trying to get stuff that other people should have taken care of. And I know its this resentment and tension that gets me sick in the first place but I can't continue like this.

My parents are worried sick about me, and I am terrified of singing tonite. We've gotten so many messages of support from fellow musicians for what we are doing, it has suddenly put immense pressure to deliver on our reputation. Although, it really did warm my heart to get messages from Ali Zafar, Mekaal Hassan, Zeb and Haniya and Farhad Humayun from Overload.
Plus the boys from Mizraab and Mizmaar are turning up tonite.

I know if we screw-up, none of these guys will ever take us seriously again. You really only have one chance. I know I know, I shouldn't worry about impressing people and just worry about playing another show. Which is what this is at the end right? Just another show?

Pray for us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ayesh said...

I'm so proud of you guys! I'm glad to have been like an "old school" fan =). Way to go!

2:08 AM  
Blogger Khizzy said...

howd it go.
follow up post?

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home