Funny/ Stupid Moments from the Show
1) A group of teenage girls who surrounded Omar Khalid and told him how much they loved him and his blog. This thoroughly confused OK, who then realized they had the wrong Omar. He nearly let loose a string of expletives, but mostly just called them “Jaali Fans” and walked off.
2) While putting up the backdrop, several of our stage team had to make a dangerous climb to the top of the PACC building. After an extremely tricky journey to the roof, they realized that they had in fact forgotten the rope.
3) After our performance of “With a Little Help From My Friends”, some dude in the front row exclaimed “Bauhat aala, kuch samajh nahin aya, leykin bauhat aala”. Guessing he wasn’t a Beatles fan.
4) The sound technician on the stage commented to Omar Khalid “Yeh to koi American concert lagta hae, tu gora hae aur mein kaala”. We still have no idea what he meant.
5) Our over-efficient ticketing staff refused entry to Omar Khalids family. Apparently there are lots of gatecrashers who pretend to be OK’s parents.