Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Baby Experiment


I feel like my blog is turning into an obscenity filled rant-fest so I am going to try and tone things down a bit. December is a stressful month so I’ve been taking my frustrations out on the last couple of posts, so I promise less swearing, especially since the readership of this blog seems to be getting younger and younger…

So here is the woman in my life. My niece Dania! Many of you remember her from when she was born (Check her out here). Mashallah she is now a whole year old and is the most entertaining thing I have ever seen.

I’ve recently been performing musical experiments on her, to see what her tastes are. This is my playlist of music and these are her reactions.

1) Led Zeppelin - Good Times Bad Times

Looks at me with confused expression.

2) The Teddybears – Cobrastyle

A little smile. But not much else. Looks like she’s going to dance but then stops and tries to take off her socks.

3) Jeff Buckley – Lover You Should Have Come over
Sits on the floor and leans forward with mouth slightly open, Seems to be concentrating very hard. Looks guilty. Yep, she is definitely pooping.

4) Gloria – Van Morrison

Big smile! Starts bouncing up and down.

5) Black Sabbath – War Pigs

Ignore. Starts crawling away. I look around to make sure my sister doesn’t catch me playing Black Sabbath to her 1-year-old.

6) Kailash Kher – Kaise Mein Kahoon

Complete madness. She is swaying from side to side, flailing her arms up and down and grinning from ear to ear. If she weren’t a baby, I would definitely say she was on crack.

7) POMP up the jam (from that Govinda movie….’Partner’ I think)
Stands up and does cute little butt-shake. I am absolutely horrified.

So it appears that babygirl still has a long way to go before she appreciates rock’n’roll. I guess one has to go through teenage angst before any of that makes sense. But Govinda? Must shelter her from this.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Ayesha said...

OMG, her hair's exactly like your's :P! This is one cute kid =). But Black Sabbath? OBA, wait till she's 3 or 4 at least :P. And going by her love for "happy" music, she'll probably lurveee Abrar, no?

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Laila <--- that looks boring and egotistic said...

oooooommmmaaaaaaaarrrrrr.....thank you very much, I feel so elite. maybe when I'm older, I can be ADP's mascot yeah?
I say, set her on the right path from now...My cousins...they dance to hannah montana!!! ='( My poor mamoo, the man who listens to the heavy metal, has heart attacks, don't turn into that man. PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE DO NOT!!!!!!!!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Atta Khan said...

i have a lil cuzn, who i taught the first verses of iron man by black sabbath when he was 6 or 7!!!
he drived his sisters nuts with that "dhaaaaaaaa, dhaa, dha dhadha, dadadadadadaaaaa, dhan dha dha dha!" rhthym he played with his mouth!!!
but now he's stopped, and i regret it each day that he's gonna grow up lisnn to songs by akon or twista, or even hannah montana, just like his sisters!!!

take my advice, feed her with as many zeppelin, sabbath, floyd, van halen, etc..., songs as you can, cuz if she grows up to lisn to akon, twista, or hannah montana, then dude, just know that you failed!!!! and it doesn't feel good when you fail!!!!

plus i hardly know any zeppelin or floyd or sabbath songs that dont have swear words in em...its because there aren't any, unlike those crappy rappers!!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Khizzy said...

your niece is a cutie.
and your horrified reaction reminded me of when you threatened to send me the soundtrack to "jab we met", if i didnt like your choice.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous laila said...

omar, do you OWN the jab we met soundtrack? imagine if someone was at a music shop at the same time you were (big fan this someone is). they love you SO MUCH, they can recognize nice the back of your head. They walk up to you, expecting to see you buying the new led zepplin album (nobody knows why you're at this shop, because you can just download this new led zepplin album). When you turn around, they see in your hand, 'jab we met' the SOUNDTRACK. how would they FEEL??? I would throw up and stab you in the eye with a rolled up led zepplin poster

11:32 PM  
Blogger Atta Khan said...

AMEN TO THAT LAILA!!!!
AMEN!!!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Opinionated Jaahil said...

Kindly shelter the poor child from cheap indian movie music, or she will turn into my 14 year old sister and that is not a pleasant thing at all.

yes.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Noble Listener said...

Awwww she is shooo adorable u must be loving her, love of ur life ;)

Kids are really cute.
May God bless her always

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home